1. Best. 2. Elizabeth Taylor in BUtterfield 8 3. Two beauty favourites 4. Edie Sedgwick inspired makeup
5. I love blogging! 6. Throwback Thursday to the view from the top of Musée d'Orsay in Paris 7. Delicious cocktails at Pure Bar 8. I needed some motivation on a Monday morning
9. Best. Smelling. Stuff. Ever. 10. Bath time with Mr Bubblebeard! 11. Stocked up on Bioderma in all three sizes 12. I went a little skincare crazy
13. Straight hair 14. Ice cream at Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop in Melbourne 15. Peking duck, so good! 16. A successful two days worth of shopping in Melbs
17. Loving Melbourne's street art 18. Florentine poached eggs 19. Beautiful flowers 20. Little cupcakes from Little Cupcakes
21. Epic breakfast to end our last day in Melbourne 22. Essie NOTD 23. Cute Hello Kitty x Liberty London notepad 24. Loving my Monet lily painting desktop
25. My face 26. Geláre with my mum 27. Vegan chocolate cake Holly made me for my going away dinner 28. Marie Antoinette books
29. Loving the minimalism 30. Gorgeous going away present from my Myer family 31. Latergram to when I saw Flume live last month 32. My pretty new Nike Frees
33. Positive thinking!
I love Instagram. It makes my life look far more interesting and aesthetically pleasing than it actually is. I didn't get a chance to do a 'Life lately' post last month, so I thought I'd play catch ups now. I'm finally in Sydney now, by the way! I'm here for three months to do my internship with Jaden Social. The weather has been absolutely miserable and instead of going out exploring my new home, all I want to do is go into hibernation. Despite being winter, I hope the weather will let up, so I can take my camera out soon. So far, I've enjoyed getting familiar with my surroundings thanks to Google Maps, doing my own grocery shopping, braving the rain for my first venture out into the city and catching up with my dear Contiki friends.
My good friend, Kat, is finally back on the blogging scene with her new beautifully named blog, Audrey & Belle. You can never follow too many beauty blogs, so please go check her out! Jessica's blog, Little Henry Lee has been another one of my favourites and I've been a huge fan of her photography since the LiveJournal days. I like to think I've influenced her current obsession in beauty products too! Both are really lovely girls and it's nice to have friends in the little Aussie blogging community. I'm really looking forward to meeting them as they're both Sydney-siders too.
2013 has brought about so many incredible new releases and we're only half way through the year. The most well known release for this year will probably be Daft Punk's, Random Access Memories, which was an excellent comeback since Human After All. I know everyone has gone nuts over Get Lucky, but I'm loving Doin' It Right as I'm a huge fan of Panda Bear too. I've been absolutely loving Small Black and Sigur Rós' new albums and I've included my favourite tracks from the new albums in my monthly playlist. I would've included every single song of their new releases I could. Both are two of my all time favourite bands who could possibly do no wrong. Jagwar Ma are new on the scene and their debut album is so, so good! I discovered the song, The Throw, in Sportsgirl and I just love the intense build up. Wild Nothing's new EP is a throwback to the 80s and very reminiscent of Talking Heads' music. A Dancing Shell has been on repeat for me. Definitely check them out and listen to my playlist for some other songs I've been loving recently.
Film and television
Girls. How I didn't get into this show sooner, I do not know. I loved the first two seasons so much, I got all my friends hooked on it too, and I'm eagerly waiting for the third. With the dreary winter weather, hopefully I'll be able to catch up on my TV shows as I haven't watched many lately. I'm really looking forward to the final series of Skins starting soon too. When I was in Melbourne, my friends and I went to watch The Great Gatsby, which was such a gorgeous movie. Forget Leo, I have such a girlcrush on Carey Mulligan! Did it live up to the hype? Probably not, but it was still a pretty great film and while I'm not the hugest fan of the soundtrack, the tracks by Lana Del Rey and The xx were enough to keep me happy. Another movie I really enjoyed was Storytelling, which not gonna lie, intrigued me because I saw a picture of Selma Blair with bleach blonde/pastel pink hair on Tumblr. I highly recommend it and if you're into documentaries, check out Tabloid and Capturing The Friedmans. My good friend Anna recommended these to me. I will warn you and say they're twisted and creepy, probably somewhat disturbing, but who doesn't find that stuff entertaining?
I'd say my Essie nail polish in Bordeaux has probably been my favourite. It's such a beautiful deep, dark red shade, perfect for the winter. I've worn it a few times already in the short amount of time I've owned it and my friends have all loved it too. I applied it to my friend's nails and she couldn't get over how shiny it was… and this was before topcoat too! These are the kinds of comments you receive when you introduce them to good quality products!
I've been obsessed with velvet lately. I can't stop wearing my burgundy Velvet Full Woven Skirt from American Apparel and my Evil Twin Outer Limits Skater Dress. I also bought some Alice In The Eve velvet floral leggings from Melbourne, which I'll post in a haul soon.
Seeing Flume live, going to Melbourne and enjoying epic food and the Monet Exhibition, various dinners out with my lovely friends and finally arriving in Sydney!
Lastly, if you've been living under a rock and haven't heard the news yet, Google Friend Connect will no longer exist soon, so I'd greatly appreciate it if you could all follow my blog on Bloglovin'. It's the best way to keep up to date with your daily blog reads as they even have an app too.
1. Jagwar Ma - The Throw
2. Crystal Fighters - Wave
3. Vampire Weekend - Worship You
4. Young Dreams - First Days Of Something
5. Daft Punk - Doin' It Right (feat. Panda Bear)
6. Deerhunter - The Missing
7. Beaches - Distance
8. Small Black - Canoe
9. Giraffage - Before
10. Adjaman - Accusing The Radio Of Hypnotism
11. Wild Nothing - A Dancing Shell
12. Cocteau Twins - Pur
13. Sigur Rós - Ísjaki