I've seen a lot of people posting random facts about themselves lately, so I thought I'd do it myself. I've been enjoying ready quirky facts about my favourite bloggers as I think it's such a fun way of getting to know people.
1. I live in the most isolated city in the world, but I'm hoping to move to Melbourne next year to start a good career with my uni degree and move out of home. Moving away from my family and friends on my own completely scares me, but I just can't imagine living in Perth for the rest of my life.
2. I had never been overseas until last year where I travelled to Japan, Bali and all over Europe. It has always been a big passion of mine and I so badly want to do it again. I'd love to go the US, especially for Coachella, China, Hong Kong, Kenya and Egypt.
3. My parents are Burmese, but I also have English in me, which is why people always comment that I don't look Asian!
4. I love weird food and I'll try anything, as I'm always open and up for a new experience. I tried frogs legs and escargot in France last year, which I loved, and I'm obsessed with natural oysters and blue cheese, which tend to gross most people out.
5. My favourite season is summer, but I love winter fashion more.
6. I studied printmaking in Year 12 as part of my Tertiary Entrance Exams for Art and my collagraph got into Year 12 Perspectives Exhibition held at the Art Gallery of Western Australia in 2006. My high school later wanted to buy it, but my mum wanted to keep it.
7. Ever since studying Neoclassicism and Romanticism in Year 11 Art, I've been obsessed with France. Finally visiting my favourite city, Paris, was everything and more beyond my wildest dreams - the most beautiful place on Earth. The food, the history, the culture, the art, the fashion - this country has everything! I especially love French films and I really want to learn the language. I'm known to my family and friends as obsessed with France and nail polish!
8. I'm a highly organised person. If someone has been in my room and touches something, I would know. Everything has its certain position and has its right place. If my room is not like this before I go to bed, I literally cannot sleep. In primary school, I'd go over to my friends' houses and even clean their rooms. I worry about living in my own house one day because I'm afraid I'd spend literally all day obsessing where things go and how tidy it is!
9. I go from one extreme to the other when it comes to saving and spending my money. Certain periods, I won't spend anything, other times, I'll spend my pay check and then take out money from my savings. Right now, I'm trying to find a balance (but be more on the saving side) and I'm not doing too badly so far.
10. As shameful as it is to say, in high school, I loved R&B, rap and hip hop music. In university, I discovered a wonderful Norwegian electronic band called Röyksopp through MySpace and they changed my life forever. My taste in music completely changed and made me better person. I've never appreciated and loved music as much as I do now and my blog name is inspired by one of their songs too.
11. I want Plainsong by The Cure to be played at my funeral. It's one of the most beautiful songs in the world and the song I want people to remember me by.
12. I'm obsessive when it comes to spelling and grammar. I hate abbreviating words or using shorthand, even in texts. I'm trying to be less judgemental about it, even though I do wonder how people can be so moronic.
13. My favourite cocktail is a mojito.
14. I find writing lists and crossing things off them oddly satisfying.
15. My all time favourite TV show is Friends. I could quote this show all day long and it holds a special place in my heart as it's the TV show I grew up with. I can relate every real life situation to this show and even moreso now as I get older. Also, who doesn't love a bit of 90s nostalgia?
16. I've always had my little spot on the Internet since I was around thirteen years old. I can't even remember the name of the website where I had my first site, but I later moved onto having personal websites at Geocities and Angelfire. I later joined Friends Boards (a forum for Friends fans, haha) and made my own Friends fansites before joining LiveJournal for a few years. I made the switch to Blogger in 2011 and I think I'll stay here for a while.
17. I'm pretty shy and quiet, but once people get to know me and talk to me, I can quite easily open up and talk to people too. I love being around outgoing and talkative people who will bring out my personality more.
18. I absolutely adore films. I'm pretty much open to watching anything except horror and as snobby as it sounds, most blockbuster releases because they bore me. Some of my favourites include The Virgin Suicides, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Une femme est une femme, Pulp Fiction, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Mean Girls, Paris je t'aime, American Beauty, Pretty In Pink and Half Nelson. Some of my favourite directors include Sofia Coppola (can I have her life, please?), Wes Anderson, John Hughes, Jean-Luc Godard, Quentin Tarantino and Gregg Araki.
19. I can't decide whether I want a tattoo or not. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I don't mind little ones. If I ever get one, I'd get a treble clef behind one of my ears.
20. I played the flute for a year in primary school and as soon as I save up, I'm planning to buy one some time soon as I'd love to start playing again just as a little hobby.
21. My favourite fruit is mango and about 90% of the reason why I love summer.
22. My favourite videos to watch on YouTube are haul videos. Every time one of my favourite YouTubers uploads one, I get so excited. I think I get just as excited as doing my own shopping, only I don't spend any money!
23. I adore animals and I really miss having a pet as I think they bring so much joy into your life. I used to have two cats, who passed away when I was a kid, and a pet chicken (yes, a chicken) who went missing a few years ago. When I move out of home, I want to eventually get a little kitty and call her Bella.
24. I have a scar on my chin from when I slipped and fell on the bathtub when I was around two years old. It's not noticeable unless I show people or if I'm wearing makeup.
25. When I was around eight years old, I was in a series of promos for Channel 7 nightly news.