Top - Myer | Skirt - Urban Outfitters | Nails - Lotus Rouge by Chanel
I've had about two weeks to play around with my sexy new Canon EOS 600D and I am IN LOVE. The 350D was my first pride and joy, but the 600D is a whole new world. I think I can finally get into this whole 'outfit of the day' thing because the flip screen makes it so much easier. I got ready early, so I could take a few snaps of my outfit I wore out to dinner at Grill'd (best burgers ever!) and Koko Black with my work friends. The skirt and Peter Pan collar on my top made it look a bit school girl-esque, but it was cute and easy to throw on. I kept my make up fairly simple with no eyeliner and I threw on my Pandora bracelet and a Topshop ring after I took these photos. I'm not sure why I didn't before. Taking photos of my outfits is a skill I need to master!
A couple of months ago, Hannah of J'aime Les Fleurs (please check out her wonderful blog!) tagged me to do the '7 random facts' tag. I don't know why it's taken me so long to get around to doing this, but here we are now! These facts make me sound more interesting than I actually am.
1. I'm a huge film and music junkie.
2. If I could have anyone's life, it would be Sofia Coppola's. Not only is she married to a FRENCH man in a BAND (Thomas Mars of Pheonix), but she was once the muse of Marc Jacobs and her work is so beautiful and so perfect.
3. My dream job is to work for a fashion/culture magazine like Russh doing desktop publishing. Writing about music or beauty would be amazing, but I'd need a whole other degree for that.
4. My favourite art movements are Surrealism, Romanticism, Neo Classicism, Pop Art and Social Realism.
5. I live in the most isolated city in the world. Within the next two years or so, I want to move to Melbourne and then maybe Paris when I stop being lazy and learn French.
6. If I could marry a TV show, it would be Friends.
7. I enjoy the oddly satisfying feeling of crossing things off lists. I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to organisation and neatness.
I've recently discovered 80s/90s band, Cocteau Twins, and I've fallen head over heels for their music. Elizabeth's Fraser's voice is so unique and her mispronunciation of words makes the music so beautifully dreamy and mysterious. Heaven Or Las Vegas is on repeat at the moment and there's no doubt this song is simply Heaven.